There are several benefits of using Coconut oil some of which include bone strength, stress relief, skin care, maintaining cholesterol levels, increased immunity, weight loss, proper metabolism and digestion as well as relief from heart diseases, kidney problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, HIV, dental care and hair care.
Aeehh.. just to make sure to name at least a few benefits…
As we are sitting “at the source” being in Thailand at the moment, I am so excited to share some health secrets with you in regards to using coconut oil.
We believe in those benefits and use it in our family everyday.
The top nine benefits of using Coconut Oil:
1. Coconut Oil for the Skin: There are commercial moisturizers which contain a lot of water which makes your skin feel moisturized but in no time your skin dries up once the water is gone. There are several benefits of using coconut oil for your skin, some of them are that Coconut oil provides your skin with deep and real moisture. It helps remove the dead cells which makes your skin feel rough and flaky in texture.
2. Use it in your Kitchen: Compared to other oils like vegetable oils and butter, there are several health benefits of using coconut oil in the kitchen. It’s anti-fungal properties make it effective in killing infections caused by fungus and yeast. It also helps to suppress inflammation, making it anti-inflammatory. It’s anti-microbial properties help to protect against infection from viruses, parasites, bacteria, yeast, and fungus. Lastly, the anti-viral properties help it kill influenza, herpes, measles, Hepatitis C, AIDS, and other viruses.
3. Coconut Oil as a Makeup Remover : Now you don’t have to use petroleum based minerals oils or those expensive makeup removers. The benefits of using coconut oil as a makeup remover is that its natural, simple clean and it’s the easiest way to remove your make up. All you need to do is warm a little oil in your hands and spread them over your eyes and eyelashes which removes mascara and eyeliner in a flash. You can remove the remove the makeup using a cotton swab. Wipe off the excess oil and makeup with a paper tissue and wash your face with bath soap. Your face will look fresh and clean. You may want to apply a thin layer of coconut oil after washing with soap and water to moisturize and soften the skin.
4. Massage Oil : The benefits of using coconut oil as a massage oil is that it is light and non-greasy, the preferred choice is fractionated coconut oil. This inexpensive oil also carries the dual advantages of a long shelf life and the unique ability to resist staining fabric.
5. Pre and After Shave: Some people who shave for the first time with coconut oil experience rapid absorbent within the skin. While you are shaving, simply add more coconut oil to the skin, if needed, if you feel the skin absorbed the second coat of oil and the skin became too dry. With coconut oil being a natural antioxidant, give your skin time to detox from the commercial shaving gels, foams and creams. The benefits of using coconut oil for shaving is that you will find your skin to be more healthier and more conditioned.
6. Hair Conditioner and for Split end treatment: Coconut oil has been used across cultures as an effective and inexpensive method of deep conditioning for the hair. The benefits of using coconut oil for your hair is that it can help turn dry, brittle and damaged hair into healthy, shiny and manageable hair. In addition to strengthening the hair , coconut oil also fights against split ends and helps to prevent breakage from heat and chemically processing.
7. Benefits of using Coconut Oil for Burns and Blisters: Compared to the other expensive creams out there, Coconut oil is very effective on burns, including sunburns, it can help to prevent blisters, peeling and scarring and will help to soothe the burn.
8. Benefits of using Coconut Oil as a Toothpaste: Brush your teeth with coconut oil to prevent cavities, eliminate bad breath and reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
9. Benefits of using Coconut Oil helps in Oil Pulling: A coconut oil mouth treatment involves following a few steps in order to swish oil in the mouth for health. This is also called oil pulling because certain oils are said to have “pulling” or “drawing” properties that help release toxins from the body through the mouth and gums. Once the oil is expelled, bacteria and toxins are disposed, which can lead to improved health.
The Benefits of using coconut oil are innumerable and most of it can be attributed to the presence of caprylic acid, capric acid and lauric acid as well as the antimicrobial, antifungal, anti bacterial and other soothing properties present.
Get instant access to 5 free, nutrition-packed, easy to make raw food recipes.
Give your kids something healthy to eat and yourself a life outside the kitchen as well!
Download them now at